Edutacs successfully completed the new teachers training project for Tatweer Professionalizing.
THC is an innovative, strategic, Saudi Government initiative that was established in mid-2009. It’s overarching mandate is to accelerate education development in the Kingdom. Tatweer school model contains all of the elements of modern education including an open curriculum, high-tech environment, multiple opportunities for communication, modern teaching methods, and continuous self-directed professional development related to both work and life. There was a requirement to train new in these aspects and induct them for confident start to their teaching careers.
Edutacs led a consortium which included our partners CFBT and Nahdet Mishra to execute the project. The total number of the schools touched by this program is around 30,000. And the same number of the New Teachers for practical tutoring skills and educational best practice. Therefore, estimated number of students who benefited from their teachers induction is around 2.5 million.
Scope of work of the Teachers Training Project
All project deliverables were aligned with Cambridge International Teacher Certificate and Cambridge International Teacher Diploma. Towards this, the Edutacs led team executed the following:
- Develop and implement guidance and an administration system to enable Online Supervisors to train regular school visiting supervisors to make structured school visits to all new teachers during the program.
- Organize a one day national event to celebrate success, present achievement awards, share practice and extend new teachers’ learning.
- Manage and administer the program at national and regional levels through liaison, where required, with the administrative staff in the MoE and regional districts.
- Advisory services on application selection, customization, and integration
- Content Design and Development for Teachers’ Training
- Applications Used for the program delivery were:
- Learning Management System
- Shared Portfolio System (integrated with LMS)
- Virtual Classroom (integrated with LMS)
It was a challenge for Edutacs team to manage multiple vendors and aligning them towards the project goals. In addition, another challenge was to get all the open source applications to work as an integrated learning environment.
Implementation of this project took three years and had a great results. Indeed, one of the key factors of this project success was Edutacs’ highly knowledgeable team with an in-depth understanding of learning technologies and education in Middle East.
* Educational Technology Company Limited (Edutacs)
http://www.edutacs.com, established in 2002 as part of HAKA group https://www.hakagroup.co, representing one of the largest conglomerates in Eastern Province founded by the late Sheikh Hassan Abdul Karim Al Gahtani in 1967. Edutacs has grown to become a pioneer in introducing learning technologies & engineering solutions. The Edutacs head office located in Al Khobar, Eastern region of Saudi Arabia. Company offers a model of “Next Door Engagement” and “Co-creation” with customers across the Kingdom. Above all, Edutacs presents the entire spectrum of solutions and services that enhances learning in classrooms, corporate, industrial training centers, colleges, and vocational laboratories.